Location of the course
- Course content
- Top rope climbing on a natural cliff. Discover some of the basic saftey practices and learn how to climb on real rock.
Roping techniques are not taught. After participating in a Discovery Day you will not be equipped with the knowledge to climb autonomously.
- All day
- No prior knowledge required.
- The location planned for the Outdoor Discovery Day will be e-mailed to participants 2 days before the activity. Whenever possible, a carpool is organised.
- Registration can be made on our climbing site no later than 1 day before the course.
- Online. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Other expenses
- Are highlighted in the Course Details.
- We advise you to take out cancellation insurance, otherwise the cancellation fees are your responsibility (sickness, accident, ...). See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- It is your responsibility to arrive at the climbing site. Carpooling is organised whenever possible.
- Bring you own picnic lunch.
- To Bring
• Softshell or fleece jacket
• Climbing pants, t-shirt and sweatshirt
• Light rain jacket, possibly rain trousers
• Sunscreen, lip cream, head covering
• Water bottle or other drink
• Flashlight (headlamp)
• Trekking shoes for the approach
• Backpack (30-40L)
Climbing equipment (If you have it. Or available from us on the Discovery Day):
• Climbing shoes
• Climbing harness
• Belaying system
• Chalk bag